Since the team is working through these technical practices without technical coaching support, we recommend a full week to work on each behavior shift and to work in pairing or mobbing. Why?
- We learn better as mobs
- You are applying the techniques directly in your codebase
- More time is needed since there is no technical coach
Focusing on one behavior shift at a time ensures a measurable win each week and culminates into a coding mind shift at the end of the month. As such, we recommend following this cadence during each week. Why?
- We learn better working on one thing at a time
- The essential aha moments happen through shared experiences
- Consistency helps the brain build new neural pathways
Perform the following steps to set your team up for success.
- Everybody sign up to the Slack channel for daily support from Arlo Belshee
- Set up the reoccurring meetings for watching and discussing the demo videos
- Set up times for watching and discussing the videos resolving objections
- Set up the reoccurring meetings for the retrospective
- Everybody agree on when there is pairing and mobbing and set it up
- Add to the daily stand-up and progress check-in for that week’s behavior shift