Start With The Core Capability
Every team faces unique technical waste; however, there are fundamental practices to embrace initially. As such, each team starts in the same place. The Insight Loop addresses some universal problems and teaches the core technique that everything will build on: Disciplined Refactoring.
Validated Software Mender I (VSM-I)
Individuals gain awareness of where they encounter risk while coding and start to reduce the causes of that risk using Disciplined Refactoring.
Organization ROI: Improve productivity. Reduce story cost, immediate bugs, and future bugs.
Engineer ROI: Reading code is easier. Changing designs is easier and creates fewer bugs. Spend more time on stories and less time on bugs.
Click On Your Biggest Need
While bugs hurt your entire organization, they hurt each part of the organization differently. We have a variety of Change Series to address different aspects of bugs depending on what the team is facing.
- Prevention of bug categories
- Hazard Thinking for when it’s not known what design or environmental factors lead to creating bugs
- Testing Untestable Code once main bugs sources are addressed and it’s time to focus on communicating between developers
These Change Series take you through the safest and fastest way to replace a legacy system: by using a crossover system during the transition. This is a three-step process.
- Start shipping from a crossover system, so you are effectively building one product that ships two ways.
- Refactor your one product until you are happy, while migrating collaborating systems to use the new system.
- Stop shipping the old system.