We start every Change Series with a half-day virtual workshop as mob. Why?
- We learn better as mobs
- You will get to work in your codebase
- You will get exposure to the concepts before implementing the practices
We then guide the team through a series of behavior shifts two times a week. Day 1 will always start with a short virtual demonstration by a Deep Roots coach of what to look for and do. Day 2 will always end with a virtual retrospective that reflects on the technique that was practiced. Why?
- We learn better working on one thing at a time
- We learn better by learning through experimentation
- The essential coaching moments are before and after the practice
- Consistency helps the brain build new neural pathways
Perform the following steps to set your team up for success.
- Everybody sign up to the Slack channel for daily support from Arlo Belshee
- Set up the reoccurring meetings for the virtual demonstrations
- Set up the reoccurring meetings for the virtual retrospectives
- Everybody agree on when there is pairing and mobbing and set it up